UK worker Visas

Clients often wonder whether their nanny or domestic worker can accompany them to the UK. Fortunately, there is a route available for such persons in the form of the domestic worker visa.

This type of visa includes; cleaners, chauffeurs, cooks, nannies and anyone providing personal care for the employer and the family.

How to qualify

The requirements for this visa are inter alia as follows;

  • You must be between 18 and 65 years old;
  • You should have worked for your employer who is effectively sponsoring you for at least one year.
  • You can go to the UK with your employer or your employer's partner or their children and you should intend to work full time in the same household where the employer will live in the UK.
  • You have to have the intention to return as you would with any visitor visa and you have to show that you will support yourself without recourse to public funds. The employer can be a British citizen or an EEA national or someone who is settled or a foreign national who has a visitors' visa.
  • The minimum salary you receive will have to be at the UK national minimum wage. (For detailed information please contact our office or email us )

Quick Search

Write a Reply or Comment

Your email address will not be published.